Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pesto Chicken Pizza


I'm normally not one to get excited about a pizza that has pieces of chicken on it. Truthfully I'm not usually that excited about chicken in general. I love my husbands BBQ chicken, or a great whole roast chicken, and even spicy chicken wings but that's about it.
But my husband has been making this pizza for me for years and trust me, it's delicious.
Strangely enough the chicken is really only a minor detail in this pizza. It plays an important role, but the pesto is really the star of the show.



pizza dough*
3 slices of bacon
1 chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
pinch of oregano
2 handfulls of spinach
1/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup feta cheese


Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Start by cooking the bacon in a pan until just cooked. Drain on paper towel , set aside and then cook chopped chicken breast in bacon fat. Sprinkle a pinch of oregano over chicken and stir occasionally until cooked through.
Roll out dough as thin as desired and spread pesto over dough. Top with chicken and bacon.
Rip spinach into smallish pieces and arrange over dough. Finish by sprinkling parmesan cheese and feta over top.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes.

*the recipe I usually use for pizza dough makes 2 large thin crust pizzas. This recipe is for ONE pizza.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails