Friday, March 4, 2011

Apple Spinach Smoothie


I'd like to think that I do what my body tells me to do.
And I think I'm pretty safe in doing so. Our bodies know what they do and don't like and aren't afraid to tell us when they don't approve of what we're doing.
So this morning when I woke up at 6:30am with the strongest desire to make a smoothie, I knew there was no point in fighting it.
And really, for all the days I wake up craving a chocolate croissant and I give in, it's only fair that I even things out with a healthy start to my day at least once in a while.


1 apple
2 small carrots
handful of spinach
1 orange
1/2 cup apple cider
6 ice cubes

Chop fruit and vegetables (except spinach) and combine all ingredients in blender and blend, blend blend! Taste and adjust accordingly (mine tasted great as is, but after about 1/2 glass I found the texture still too thick and watered it down a bit).

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails