Sunday, August 28, 2011

Creamy Vegan Potato Salad


My parsley plants are overflowing and despite efforts to use it often (and freeze some of it) I just can't seem to keep up. So the other day I made a real effort to find more uses for parsley. I found a recipe for Green Tahini Dressing in my copy of "Get It Ripe" by Jae Steele, that looked perfect. Steele describes the dressing as going well with "everything!" so I decided to take her up on the challenge.
I had a plate full of leftover roasted new potatoes in the fridge and a few green beans that have escaped my pickling rampage, that both seemed like the perfect contenders to try out this dressing.


This was actually so good I started to lick the plate clean, but then stopped and just served myself seconds instead.

handful of new potatoes, cooked until tender and cooled
handful of green beans, trimmed and steamed
1/2 small shallot
teaspoon or two of lemon zest
fresh cracked pepper
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
minced parsley for garnish

Dressing adapted from "Get It Ripe" by Jae Steele

2/3 cup tahini
2/3 cup fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons lemon juice (about the juice of 1/2 lemon)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
water to thin it out to desired consistency (I probably used about 1/4-1/2 cup)

Cut cooked and cooled potatoes and beans into bite size pieces. Slice shallot thinly and toss in a bowl with vegetables. Pour some dressing into bowl and toss vegetables to coat. Add pepper, lemon zest, sesame seeds and additional parsley.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails