Monday, August 15, 2011

Jam Filled Cornmeal Biscuits


These are my new favourite vehicle for jam. I was truthfully not expecting these little gems to be so incredibly tasty. They're the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and wonderfully textured due to the cornmeal (also they're not as guilt as inducing as those thumbprint cookies). I'm currently eating them for breakfast with my morning coffee but I think they are going to taste quite delicious next to some cheese or even charcuterie. Also the thought of filling them with a slightly more savoury preserve like a chutney or hot pepper jelly has got me quite excited.
Do yourself a favour and head over to 101 Cookbooks, which is Heidi Swanson (author of Super Natural Everyday)'s blog and make these ASAP.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails