Wednesday, June 15, 2011

BLT Sandwich




I know I just told you how my new favourite salad was going to replace my long standing favourite sandwich (and I have eaten far too many of those salads lately that I care to admit).  
But when the stars align in my kitchen and theres a freshly baked loaf of bread sitting next to ripe tomatoes and avocados, there's really only one thing to do. Make the best darn BLT and enjoy every single bite. 

I don't know if there's really all that much to say about great BLT's, other than making sure you've got great quality ingredients. From the mayo, to the bacon, to the lettuce it's all gotta be the best you can find.
Ina Garten introduced me to adding avocado to my BLT's (don't you love how it sounds like we're friends?) and I've never looked back. Douse the avocado slices in a little lemon juice before adding it to the sandwich and you're all set.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails