Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bok Choy Salad


As my husband enjoyed his afternoon nap I cruised the internet for inspiration for dinner. Doing so on an empty stomach is never a good idea (almost as bad as grocery shopping while hungry), and couldn't help but whip up this quick little snack to tide myself over until dinner.



After the first bite of this salad I thought "Well, this is why I never put soy sauce in a salad" because it was truthfully a bit much at first. But the creaminess of the nuts really helps balance it out and I ended up devouring this bowl pretty quickly. I may reduce the soy sauce a tiny bit next time.

Adapted from Martha Stewart

4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil*
3/4 teaspoon sugar
5 cups sliced, raw bok choy
1 peeled carrot
2 tablespoons chopped cashews or peanuts

Combine the first four ingredients and mix well. Combine sliced bok choy, peeled carrot and chopped nuts in a bowl, add dressing and toss to coat.


*I didn't have any sesame oil, and substituted canola oil, and a handful of sesame seeds (I know it's totally not the same but what can ya do?)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails