Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Asparagus Pizza


I seriously don't know how much more of these grey rainy days I can take. It feels like the only thing that has been getting me through this month or more of awful weather has been meals like this.

Thin ribbons of asparagus, tangy lemony goat cheese and fresh cracked pepper on a thin crust. What more could I want?

Oh right. Sunshine. I still really want some sunshine, please.


Start with a fantastic pizza dough (my favourite recipe can be found here), then smear on some of my favourite lemony goat cheese spread (found here).
Using a y-shaped vegetable peeler, peel the asparagus into thin ribbons (hold onto the thick end you would normally discard, and peel towards the tip) and arrange over goat cheese. Crack oodles of fresh pepper over pizza and sprinkle a small handful of grated parmigiano reggiano. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Once out of the oven sprinkle on a pinch of flaky Maldon sea salt and enjoy!Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails