Friday, April 8, 2011

Knitting Tote Bag


It wasn't that long ago that I told you about how I race to my sewing machine the minute plans cancel and I suddenly have free time. Well today was no exception.

Yesterday while packing my knitting in our carry-on bag for our trip to Montreal, I decided that upon our return I would sew myself up a sweet little tote bag especially for knitting with various pockets to hold needles and such. After our flight to Montreal was cancelled (with 24 hours before we could catch another one) it didn't take long for me to think of what I would do with the spare time.
This bag turned out slightly larger than I'd imagined but I really like it. It's got kind of an overized beachy summer bag kind of vibe. I was also planning on putting a divider down the middle so I could keep my knitting from engulfing other things I'll be toting around, but I somehow finished the bag without remembering to include this feature. I did however remember to use these beautiful handmade wooden buttons that I'm currently obsessed with (available at the Dartmouth Farmers Market).

The fabric comes from (as usual) old sheets from thrift stores. This 70's esque floral feels so refreshingly different from what I've been working with lately. And I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use up the last bit of that amazing goldenrod fabric.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails