Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Boat Neck Dress


This little dress has been my most time consuming and frustrating dress yet. However I definitely can say that I really learned a lot, especially about bodices and how I really don't know anything about them.



I was envisioning something longer and more retro looking but I just felt like the length looked so frumpy on me. I also planned on having a sewn on little sash to tie in a bow in the back, but it also looked kind of frumpy. I think so far one of the trickiest and most annoying things about making my own clothes is discovering the difference between what I like and what looks good on me. 
A fun thing however about making your own clothes is that you can a) do anything you want and b) change the design as you work. I had planned on having a long zipper down the back, but while trying on the dress before the zipper was in I decided I really loved the look of the open back. So I topstitched the edges down and added a button at the top of the neck instead.Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails