Friday, January 28, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples, Bacon and Onions


Today I made about 160 moulded chocolates. Just for fun.
I'm a little tired to say the least, especially after eating a very late dinner of this delightful roasted side dish, a pork chop, risotto and lots of red wine.
I think it's time for bed...
I made this dish about a week ago (also after a day of chocolate making oddly enough) pretty much exactly as Martha describes in her recipe. I found it was a bit dry, so I added extra bacon and another apple. Tonight it was perfection in a pan. I really enjoyed how easy it was to throw together and that it only dirtied one dish (because I really am that tired). Oh and yes its delicious in case you were wondering.

Adapted from Martha Stewart

4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 cup (or more) of brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2" pieces
1 small red onion, cut into 1/2" pieces
coarse salt and pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
On a baking sheet arrange bacon in a single layer. Cook in oven for about 10 minutes.
Add brussels sprouts and onion and toss to coat in bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Add apples to pan and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Toss with vinegar and serve.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails