Thursday, October 14, 2010

Squash & Caramelized Onion Pizza


This pizza was the result of a marriage between two of my favourite fall dishes: Squash & Caramelized Onion Galette, and Fennel and Caramelized Onion Tart.


Last year I made the squash galette more times than I care to count, and slowly felt more and more guilty for consuming so much buttery tart dough. After I experienced quite the obsession with pizzas this summer, I figured why not make my favourite tarts into one pizza?






1 ball of pizza dough (read more here)


1 tablespoon butter
2 onions
250 g of squash
1/8 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of grainy honey mustard dijon
2 cloves of garlic
freshly cracked black pepper
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese






Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Cut onions in half moon slices, and sautee in butter over low-medium heat. Stir occasionally.
Meanwhile peel squash, and using a mandoline slice it very thin.
Once onions they are light to medium brown remove from heat. Place squash slices in the pan you used to caramelize the onions, and lightly cook, about 30 seconds on each side. Just enough to make them feel softer and almost floppy in texture.


For sauce mix dijon, olive oil, and garlic together.
Roll out dough to desired thickness, cover with dijon sauce and pepper. Pile on onions, squash, and grated cheese.
Bake on a baking stone for 15 minutes or until toppings are lightly browned, and cheese is bubbling.
BakePin It

1 comment:

  1. yes! I too felt guilty about the butter mania le galette! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails