Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mason Jar Pincushion



In an attempt to tidy up my crafting/sewing nook, I finally got around to making myself a pincushion that doubles as pin storage.



Start by using the screw band part of the lid to trace out a circle of fabric. The circle needs to be an extra inch or so larger than the lid itself, but doesn't need to be a perfect circle. 




Next use the flat part of the lid to cut out a piece of card stock, thin cardboard, or some other sturdy paper. This circle needs to be pretty much the same size as the lid itself. 


Place the fabric wrong side up over the lid ring, and pile a bit of stuffing (I used scraps of polyester quilt batting, but you could easily old fabric scraps as well) into the middle of the circle. 
Place the flat lid on top of the stuffing, pushing it through the ring to create a nice small cushion on the other side.




Using a glue gun, glue the excess fabric on the underneath to the flat lid (this doesn't need to be neat at all), then glue the paper circle to the lid covering the excess fabric. 






And that's it! You're done.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Just made the pincushion. Mine is a bit gumpy on top, I just couldn't seem to make it all smooth, but it will do. I'm thrilled to replace my falling apart ugly foam one.
    Love the stuff you are making :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails