Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No-Knead Dinner Rolls


My kitchen still smells like turkey and there's some lonely leftover whipped cream in the fridge. The pie plates have been licked clean, and the napkins have been folded and returned to storage.
Thanksgiving has come and gone again. This year's dinner was just lovely, spent with a mix of friends and family, plenty of food, and plenty of rambunctious children squealing and running about. Polished off by plenty of wine and card games it was all that I could have asked for.



Bread is such a great cheap easy filler to add to the table and everyone always loves homemade. I made these rolls knowing that we were collectively feeding 16 people and running out of food was just not an option.

I've used this Martha Stewart recipe pretty much exactly as is with great result and (as pictured here) I've jazzed it up by adding whole wheat flour (1/3 of flour needed) and an egg wash and sesame seeds on top before baking.
Martha calls for packaged yeast which I never use, and if you don't either just use 4 1/2 teaspoons of regular dry active yeast. I've also baked them immediately after all the rising, and I've refrigerated them overnight for the second rise. Just make sure you let them come back to room temperature before baking if you do refrigerate them (maybe an hour or two).Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails