Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lemon Plum Iced Tea


September in Nova Scotia is a bit of a magical time of year. The days are still warm while the morning and nights are perfectly cool, and the farmers markets are bursting with everything you could ever want.
Labour Day felt like the perfect representation of September. It was cool enough in the morning to put on jeans, but the sun has came out and called me to the lake. I made rich and hearty blue cheese scones for breakfast, a cold soba noodle salad for lunch, a spicy corn chowder for dinner and this delicious and refreshing iced tea for every moment in between.


I made this in very much the same way as the Strawberry Basil Iced Tea I made back in July (but this time I went with only 1/2 cup sugar and I think you should too). I poured the hot simple syrup over a few diced plums and the peel of one lemon in a large bowl. I let that sit for about 10 minutes then strained out the solids and added the juice to the hot tea in a large pitcher. I threw a few of the plum pieces in the pitcher along with a few lemon slices, then let it cool and served it over ice.
Summer might be ending but I think with this drink I can make it last in my mind just a few days longer.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails