Monday, July 11, 2011

Recycled Skirt and Dress


Another round of recycled clothes from a thrift store! And this time I actually remembered to take before shots so you can really see what changes were made. Below is the original dress, before I chopped off the sleeves and hem length.




Then I took this super frumpy denim dress....
and made it into a cute skirt! Sew easy!

I felt strangely guilty about discarding so much of this last dress, but the straps just felt way too wide for my liking. Maybe I'll use the excess to make cute little suspender like straps that I can attach to the skirt. 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. haha, I like the difference in your 'before' and 'after' stance.... the striped dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!! Love those pink stripes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah it reminded me of the days of junk and foibles ebay when lindsay and i would try to make the clothes look "cool", hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just recently shown your blog! I love it and I love what you did with that jean dress. Quite the transformation. I added your link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to comment when I saw that first dress. I tried it one a few weeks ago at the Value Village in Dartmouth and loved the idea of it but couldn't get over the frumpy-ness. Now I am kicking myself for not buying it! It looks super cute on you though:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails