Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bias Tape Baby Bib


Another sewing project inspired by the Purl Bee, this bib was so easy to make that I have no excuse to not make more. I don't think I've ever seen a bib with that funny little "crumb catcher" on the front (not that I've paid much attention to bibs before becoming pregnant) but it seemed like a pretty swell idea. Less food on the floor? Sounds great!

I found that kitschy 70's-esque fabric at a thrift store a year or two ago and just couldn't pass it up. So far I haven't found a use for it (it's been a lot harder to fit a bright 70's print into my home decor than I thought) but I think it'll work great in many baby/kid projects. I'm really ready to embrace bright colors in my child's room and wardrobe. It just feels so fun and appropriate. We already have a bright red painted rocking chair in the baby's room so we're off to a good start!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. If you make these in terry-cloth, they save baby clothes from the effects of teething-based drooling. I rotated a collection of a dozen with each kid, in and out of the wash; when they wore them, they looked as if they were little Pilgrims--or illustrations on a Dutch Masters Cigar box--because I made them all in white.

    --Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother used to keep toast crusts in the pocket of his bib for snacking on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails