Monday, July 23, 2012

Chocolate Nut Balls


Lately I've been craving chocolate. It makes me feel like such a typical 8 month pregnant woman; swollen feet, occasionally irritable, moaning and grunting while doing the smallest of physical activities, napping and eating all day, and now craving chocolate.

But it's not just any chocolate I was craving.
There are ice cream sandwiches in my freezer along side some Ben & Jerry's "If I had 1000,000 flavours", there's even some snickers bars in the pantry, and I could quickly whip up some of my favourite chocolate pudding. But none of those were scratching the itch.
I was craving a cold no-bake type of relatively healthy chocolate snack. Something with nuts and oats, maybe some coconut and no unnecessary butter.


So I searched and searched online, knowing that this dream recipe was out there somewhere. Thankfully it only took a few minutes to find this recipe which was EXACTLY what I was looking for. And how perfect is it for my stereotypical mom-to-be self to find said recipe on a blog called Natural Mommie. Haha! Mommy-land, here I come.Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Those look great. I am 7 months pregnant and don't generally have a sweet tooth, but now my body is demanding sweet things! I made pistachio apricot cookies today. Those chocolate nut balls will make perfect breastfeeding snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes breastfeeding snacks indeed! Guess I should make another batch or two for the freezer. My freezer is going to be SO full come late August!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails